While we have always asked passengers to be courteous of each other and the driver, we have expanded that request to include items and behaviour banned from taking place on the buses and outlined potential outcomes for offending passengers.
Being Courteous Bus Style
- Allow passengers to exit before you board.
- Place bags and carry-on items under your seat or on your lap. Do not take up seating with belongings.
- Do not block the aisle.
- Headphones must be worn when playing music on a personal device.
- Service animals welcome. Pets must be secured in a pet carrier at all times.
- No smoking of any description, including vaping, e-cigarettes or cannabis.
- Illegal drugs.
- Weapons, including but not limited to knives and guns.
- Flammable materials, such as gasoline, kerosene, and propane.
- Verbal or Physical Harassment of drivers or other passengers (threats, intimidation, inappropriate remarks, unsolicited touching, leering, etc.).
- Use of profanity, racial slurs, or racial/ethnic name-calling
- Drinking alcohol or having an open container of alcohol.
- Causing damage, in any form, to a vehicle (graffiti, burn marks).
- Drivers may ask offending passengers to end their disturbance and/or to leave the bus.
- The Driver may call police for help.
- Offending passengers may be banned from the bus.
Note: Our drivers watch the road, not the passengers. If you see dangerous and illegal activity on a bus, please call police to report it.